- Non-Muslim: Your scarf is so pretty!
- Me: Thank you -disgustingly cheesy smile like I've never been complimented in my life-
Virtuous action does not consist in doing good to someone who has done good to you—that is merely returning a favor. Virtuous action consists in doing good to those who have wronged
The Perfection of Wudhu by Islamographic.com - join the wudhu revolution
My dad is now undergoing another emergency operation as we speak, I don’t know what to do but ask you to please make the most sincere dua that you can… he’s really weak and we’re afraid something might happen.. The worst part is he doesn’t even know that he just underwent two operations. Ya Allah grant us sabr and empower the weak..
Ya arham al harameen
Never ever take your health and parents health for granted. May Allah accept your fasts, prayers, and duas during Rajab.
Brother Nadeem Siddiqi hosting 120 students from a local school on a discussion about Islam.
Sheikh El Shaarawy was one of the greatest Muslim personalities of the last century, but his tremendous corpus of work, specifically his famous lectures, are seldom translated into English, unfortunately.
I have a stern commitment to only posting videos (that are in Arabic) which have English subtitles. The entire program above, a solid 43 minutes, was translated and subtitled by someone anonymously and sent to my inbox. Masha Allah, whoever you are, please know that I greatly appreciate your tremendous effort and I hope that we can all pray for this person after showing such kindness, alhamdulilah.
The program discusses a number of topics, and combines comments from the inspiring Sheikh El Shaarawy with his answer to the audience’s questions, focused primarily on the topic of ‘Destiny and Fate,’ whether a human is destined [for something] or given a choice in the matter.
You can access the subtitled version of the above program by clicking on this link right here. When you open the page, be sure to click the drop down menu that says “Select Language” and select English so that you may watch this with subtitles, insha Allah.
God is a God of Second Chances-and third and fourth and even more chances. He loves you. God’s approval is not based on your achievements. It is based solely on the fact that He sees the best in you. There is nothing you can do, and there’s nothing anyone else can do, that will ever change your value in God’s eyes. But you have to do your part. Quit over-analyzing your faults; stop taking an inventory of everything wrong with you. You make mistakes, ask for forgiveness and then move on. Don’t become overly concerned if you are not changing as quickly as you would like. Stay focused on what you can become, and God will get you to where you need to be.
“I may be completely off here, considering I’m not married so I’m saying this off of theory, but I believe that you should marry someone that could become your best friend.
A best friend is something that loves you for all that you are.
Read the whole post: Marry Your Best Friend - Nadir Keval
For more articles like this, follow me on Tumblr (nadirkeval.tumblr.com), Twitter (@nadirkeval), Instagram (nadirkeval) and Pinterest (pinterest.com/nadirkeval), and like my page on Facebook (facebook.com/nadirkeval), or send me a shout at email@example.com!
When a woman announces she has exciting news, don’t assume it must be that she’s either engaged or pregnant. The scope of our gender’s contributions to society is far greater than perpetuation of the human species.
- Islamophobic: their Koran permits them to beat their wives...
- Me: Yes it does but could you tell me what with?
- Islamophobic: ...
- Me: A blade of grass, I don't know the last time you tried to beat someone with a blade of grass but it is pretty damn impossible, you must look at the people the Qur'an was revealed to, the Arabs at that time (just like most of the world) would beat their wives brutally. To tell them they couldn't beat their wives would have caused rebellion, so Allah (swt) being the greatest of planners, revealed it in a way that was so clever. It permitted them to beat their wives (as not to cause rebellion) however only with a blade of grass (which we all know to be impossible). Then the most beautiful line came saying but surely it is better for you to forgive, do you see now that the Qur'an does not permit the brutal beating of wives which in that time would have saved the lives of many women. Also I suggest you look at the rights of a wife over her husband, then tell me my religion is sexist.
This is a really amazing read. I’m only 40 pages in #books #islam