The Miracle of Zamzam.
Ibrahim (Peace be upon him) woke up one day and asked Hajar to prepare herself and baby Ismail for a long travel. Ibrahim and Hajar kept walking, crossed a fertile land followed by barren mountains till they arrived at the Arabian desert. Ibrahim brought Hajar to a high hill called al-Marwa, made her and her baby sit under a tree, placed a bag of dates and some water near her, and simply walked away.
You can imagine Hajar’s reaction at this, she ran after him and said: “Are you going to leave us in this desert where there is no one to keep us company?” She repeated this many times but he would not look back at her. Finally she asked: “Has Allah ordered you to do so?” He said ‘yes’. She replied, “Then He will not neglect us.”
This story teaches us a very beautiful lesson: When Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta’ala) is testing you, you need to have this belief that Allah will not forsake you. You’re a Muslim, you believe in Him, He’ll not forsake you. Do your best in all your endeavors regardless of the trials you’ll face, and Allah will not forsake you.
This feeling of certainty in Allah’s help will boost your productivity when you feel like giving up.
Hajar went on nursing Ismaeel and drinking from the water until it was all used up. She became very thirsty and the child was crying. She left him on the al-Marwa hill and hurried to the nearest hill, as-Safa. She stood there and started looking at the valley keenly so that she might see somebody, but she could not see anybody. She descended from as-Safa, crossed the valley running and reached al-Marwa hill. She stood and started looking but could see anybody. She kept running between as-Safa and al-Marwa seven times. When she reached al-Marwa for the last time, she was exhausted, and there the miracle happened! Angel Jibreel, dug the earth until water flowed underneath Ismaeel (Peace be upon him) & Zamzam was born!
I always ask this question to my students; Why did Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta’ala) make Hajar (May Allah be pleased with her) run 7 times before this miracle happened? If He (Subhanahu Wa Ta’ala) wanted, he could have provided her with Zamzam without her even lifting a finger, but there’s a lesson here for all mankind: you need to work hard for miracles to happen!
The sky does NOT rain gold, you have to be proactive, do your best and push yourself and Allah will provide from where you didn’t expect!
This is a message to the Ummah of Islam: Sitting down and doing nothing for the Ummah and hoping that our Ummah’s situation will change does not grant us victory.
We need active societies, people who care more about those around them than their own comforts. Each one of us needs to be productive in an area of our lives, and boost those around us to be productive as well and this is how we’ll rise as an Ummah, inshaAllah.
- minijaguarsandaudi reblogged this from beaux-coeurs
- itsapridething reblogged this from weighyourwords
- weighyourwords reblogged this from lickingoreos
- youspaceme reblogged this from ohmykidneys
- youspaceme likes this
- justlive-lifetothefullest reblogged this from nafrequency
- nafrequency reblogged this from lickingoreos
- thoughtsrantsandwhatnot likes this
- lickingoreos reblogged this from hshassecret
- painfades likes this
- hshassecret reblogged this from iwantsomeonewithyourbody
- hshassecret likes this
- iwantsomeonewithyourbody reblogged this from alifridhwan
- gumdropsnoogums-boogums likes this
- scribblingitdown reblogged this from hijabirella
- feeqah87 reblogged this from havefaithinallah
- feeqah87 likes this
- thepinksajadah likes this
- s--o--l--i--t--u--d--e likes this
- naia5 reblogged this from thebeautyofislam
- theunlucky-one likes this
- jussfati reblogged this from thebeautyofislam
- mynameisruffa likes this
- ybgxo likes this
- scribblingitdown likes this
- amongsttheclouds reblogged this from thebeautyofislam
- theislamicdiaries reblogged this from thebeautyofislam
- vehement-sentiments reblogged this from thebeautyofislam
- chiggywiggy reblogged this from thebeautyofislam
- senyumriang likes this
- alifridhwan reblogged this from hijabirella
- earaml reblogged this from thebeautyofislam
- juwita82 likes this
- cahyahedayaa reblogged this from thebeautyofislam
- feelingsthrufingertips likes this
- char-best likes this
- newrewl likes this
- rainpetals likes this
- victoriabloom likes this
- suhailahfirdaus likes this
- chicharika reblogged this from thebeautyofislam
- ikaramley reblogged this from thebeautyofislam
- fightlikeanamazon likes this
- dyana002 reblogged this from thebeautyofislam
- uuphii reblogged this from mndamnda
- naylufar reblogged this from pancakemanis
- naylufar likes this
- dancing-lightss likes this
- dk-zee reblogged this from thebeautyofislam