Assalaamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh, insha’Allah this letter finds all of you in good health and iman, if it does not please let me know and I will do my best insha’Allah to make du’a for you. Anything positive in what I’m about to say comes from Allah (swt) and anything incorrect will be of my own mistake.
For as long as Islam has persisted after the death of our Beloved Prophet (may the peace and blessings of Allah (swt) be upon him and his progeny) there has been strife between Shi’a and Sunni. One may call the other a kafir, an unbeliever, one may spread lies about the other and issue fatwas about how they’re wrong in this or that or may even claim that one is subversive to Islam as a whole by failing to follow the Sunnah of the Prophet (pbuh).
In the days of the Prophet (saws), Muslims differed in opinions, in action, in piety. In the days of Abu Bakr (ra) apostates showed their face and in the care of Umar (ra) the Ummah grew extensively. Still then, we differed in our opinions. Under Uthman (ra) we gained solid, written copies of the gift Allah (swt) gave us through our Prophet (saws) and in Ali (as) we gained the understanding of struggle without the Prophet (saws) to lead us.
Today we have no Abu Bakr (ra), today we have no Uthman (ra) and today we certainly don’t have two of the most influential Sahaba in both Shi’a and Sunni schools respectively, Ali (as) and Umar (ra).
Muslims revere members of the Sahaba like Ali and Umar for many reasons, but for each respectively their justice stands above all.
Then to Sunni, where is your Umar? Who for any Muslim would be just, regardless of their opinion?
To the Shi’a where is your Ali? Who would defend this faith against friend and foe?
I see today, Shi’a being massacred in Bahrain, Iraq, Pakistan and being threatened in the UAE and Saudi Arabia and the Sunni do not stand up and say “no, the Qur’an states that killing another Muslim is wrong”.
I see today, Sunni being massacred in Syria, in Burma burned from their homes, and forced into increasing genocide in Palestine, and the Shi’a doesn’t stand to the oppressors and tyrants and says “no, the Qur’an states that killing another Muslim is wrong”.
Do not accept the tyrant simply because he professes to be on your side. If the tyrant is your own father it is your duty to stand against him. The tyrant, my dear Ummah, is no friend to a Muslim, no matter how many times a day he prays, no matter if he is Shi’a or Sunni or Sufi.
And still, none of you have the honesty of faith to protect Ahmadis when they are massacred in their own homes and mosques in Pakistan.
Ummah we believe in the same Prophet (saws) and al-Wahid, Allah (swt), why do we let injustice be done in our name against someone who calls themselves a Muslim simply because they disagree with us?
I fear this is why our Beloved Prophet (may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him and his progeny) cried for humanity and for this Ummah, for this nation. I worry he feared we would become wost than the Jahils themselves, that we would forget the words of Allah (swt) when we were told to love and know each other because Allah (swt) made us into separate tribes.
Assalaamu alaikum, thank you for reading.
- unraveledepiphanies likes this
- gonenuclear reblogged this from thebeautyofislam
- balanbaalis likes this
- luckyak likes this
- doughmaul likes this
- letter-be likes this
- buoneintenzioni likes this
- loveislamliveislam likes this
- r-doll likes this
- nadiafairuzaa reblogged this from thebeautyofislam
- puspitasaria likes this
- canwegonow reblogged this from thebeautyofislam
- shukran-allah reblogged this from thebeautyofislam
- riyanita reblogged this from caramelsunsets
- reallifemuslimgirl reblogged this from thebeautyofislam
- pekito-cactus likes this
- zelmadoris reblogged this from thebeautyofislam
- aldeenalislam reblogged this from thebeautyofislam
- aldeenalislam likes this
- bliss-fullyirrelevant likes this
- khudaya reblogged this from thebeautyofislam
- stale-malaise likes this
- swallowbeamsandsundrops likes this
- sogandzakerhaghighi likes this
- lilibug8 likes this
- caramelsunsets reblogged this from thebeautyofislam
- mirh02 likes this
- towardssakinah likes this
- dzulfiqar reblogged this from thebeautyofislam
- followthesounds likes this
- shanafujiwara93 likes this
- sweetestpartoflife reblogged this from thebeautyofislam and added:
- 17thwallfloweravenue reblogged this from thebeautyofislam
- losinguselesspride reblogged this from vthebookworm
- zeeeamir reblogged this from thebeautyofislam
- kassimkot likes this
- iguessyouhadtobethere likes this
- dyemelikeasunset likes this
- breathethedownbow likes this
- crazylittleagassi reblogged this from thebeautyofislam
- frombaghdadwithlove likes this
- thebeautyofislam reblogged this from shiamuslim
- fadooki likes this
- shukr-with-my-coffee likes this
- mendmyheart said: Perfect masha’Allah
- mendmyheart likes this
- vthebookworm reblogged this from shiamuslim
- sheliveswithoutdoubt likes this
- vthebookworm likes this
- havesomeatay likes this